The Authorial's Popularity!

Labels

Wednesday, 24 November 2010

BLOG: Christmas Shopping

Christmas is just around the corner and now comes the time where everything comes to begin rushing and panicking and the like as we need to start shopping for those all important Christmas presents that will make our loved ones happy...

Unfortunately, for me there are two major shortfalls in my Christmas Shopping spirit;

  1. Lack of funds - Being unemployed and all makes it hard to cough up the cash to by your darlings that amazing and special present. I don't know what it is about me but I just can't seem to get a job and I won't get paid if I don't get a job this week so I need to somehow earn money in ways I could never imagine. I know I'm only 18 and all but I'm an adult now so Christmas has become my responsibility need to really sort this out if I'm going to get anywhere. I have just drawn a list of stuff out as well, people who I NEED to buy for and so far there's eight. Only thing that's going around my head is rated T for Teen at the moment.
  2. I'm a bloke - Let's face it fellas, we ain't the best at this shopping lark usually we leave it to the women (before you start I am not sexist, I don't mean groceries or kitchen utensils or anything like that I simply mean just pure shopping for entertainment.) We get bored, we don't know, we get scared and you know what? It just never seems to go our way with queues and miscommunication and all sorts. Shopping especially for others is a huge task to take on and us men, just cannot seem to handle it.
So thanks to unemployment and Gender I'm afraid to say that my pooch is screwed really, isn't it? I only know what to buy for about half the people I need to buy for. It sucks eggs. I can't do this. I love Christmas (or maybe used to when I wasn't footing the bill) but it's just so much hard work. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

 So I'm going to ask for a bit of audience participation in this blog; just some little things comment this blog with the following I think you'll like it:
  • Who are you christmas shopping for?
  • How hard are you finding it? 
  • Is Christmas your thing?
  • And what do you wants for Christmas?
Anyway, that's my rant for today done. CIASSOU! x

4 comments:

  1. Ha! So true, i feel your pain man lol.
    Unemployed too, save for the odd day working with my dad, also i am in same predicament as yourself....

    To answer your Q's; Love christmas; who can honestly say they dont enjoy the cheery music lol once its in your head its got a permanent residence.
    And too many people to buy for to list...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adderson, you're making it difficult for me bub, I dunno what you want :L
    So uhhh if you'd kindly let me know ;)
    & it's a good job you have yourself a woman to help you do your christmas shopping, bless you :P
    I also know what it is I'm planning on getting for Mama Bear so YAY!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im iz hoping im on this list which im gunna call 'Add's amazingly loved people of joy' (catchy i know ;D).
    And yes i seem to be the driver of this unemployable 'train'

    Also not only christmas but my ladies birthday on Saturday which i am yet to buy anything for... *panics slightly*

    ReplyDelete