The Authorial's Popularity!

Labels

Tuesday, 26 July 2011

BLOG: Friends like mine...

Friends like mine are hard to come by I believe and it was after my friend Michael Heath thanked ME for his work being noticed by someone. Apparently someone noticed the book cover her did for me and asked him to do their business card for £45 (now, I got mine for free but you know) and Mike as insanely talented as he is art-wise with his pre-degree in fine art and everything thanked me for getting his work noticed. It all seems a little mad really but... y'know I suppose if he feels that way. He feels that way. I personally think it was always going to happen; Michael's a bit of a perfectionist and I always thought that rather a great quality for a designer.

 Yet, when I think about it he's helped me a lot, he's believed and he's helped me out on a lot over the past few weeks and it's helped me on leaps and bounds with the new project. A lot of my friends are like mine, talented and helpful and some of them are talented but quite the banter chiefs. Still, I wouldn't trade them for the world. They're awesome people and I count my blessings with having them about; they're pretty inspirational.

Even those who have left are still pretty memorable. They are still talented and even though I may not find it in my heart to forgive and forget; what ever happened between us was never my problem, it never concerned me and I still wished the best for them. And I do with all my friends too wish that, like Michael, someone will notice their talents and move them towards what they want. Move them one step closer to a dream.

 And because they mean the world to me and their dreams mean the world to them; I think I'd always wish my friends the best. Whether they do thank me or not; it's their's not mine. Yet I'll help them in whatever way I can because I know they'd probably do the same for me.

I know this was a bit deep but I've been thinking for a long time and I just want you to take a moment and think: Who's helped me recently? & Do I help them enough? Because those friends you have are the family you choose, are people who you believe you have a deep connection with and that's something special. Real special. So you should never let go of that nor let it fade away.

2 comments:

  1. Well only got £25 for it now but still better than nothin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Well... I'd still be impressed!

    ReplyDelete