The Authorial's Popularity!

Labels

Monday, 10 October 2011

MONDAY MUSING: Beauty and the pen.

"Be grateful for and celebrate the beauty in all things because beauty is everywhere; and ignore all limitations and boundaries wherever they are found, because they are illusion."
- David F Sanders


 I look at this quote and think just this: wow. The reason? Well it's because David F Sanders in this one line speaks something I've believed my whole life. It is a fact that beauty is everywhere and the limitations and boundaries we encounter are often the illusions of our own mind. This beauty and these illusions have always inspired me to write, in fact, I did often write a lot in open parks and other strange outdoor locations because they were particularly glorious. This is the reason I take my journal everywhere with me; because if beauty is everywhere then so too is inspiration.

 Yet, since coming to Sheffield to study, I have written little and writing sessions have become few and far between. I'm not sure what it is whether it is worry, drink or many other things but one thing I do attribute it to is that in the city there aren't many pretty places to go write. Well, I say that there isn't any; it may just be a case of me not having discovered them yet. Yet, this lack of a place I can go sit and think is one of the foremost thoughts in my head everyday and every single night. 

It is almost haunting me that I wish for a small place for a piece of tranquility and clarity above all things; a place or person of such beauty that it may feed my starving imagination and once again reignite the flame of creativity within me. Like a single spark to dry wood. Yet, this will probably never be the case; as a stranger in Sheffield I dare not step foot outside my little room into the massive colossal city filled with noise and people and places. I don't know whether it's because I'm afraid of getting lost or whether it simply is due to homesickness. I really cannot put a finger onto why writing has actually began to get 'difficult' for me. It maybe because I'm being challenged on this course, it maybe because I am not a good writer. 

Or maybe even I'm afraid.

Who knows, for I certainly don't but I do hope that I can find a place to return the spark of wanting to write back to me because otherwise doing a creative writing course may actually be more difficult then I ever imagined. 

No comments:

Post a Comment